Electric Service Installation
Blachly-Lane New Electrical Service Check List
Use this convenient checklist as a guide when installing temporary or permanent electrical services. If you should need further assistance, please feel free to call our office at (541) 688-8711.
1. A building and electrical permit may be obtained at Lane County Permit Center located at 128 East 8th Avenue.
2. Contact Blachly-Lane, located at 90680 Hwy 99, 688-8711, between 8:00 am and 4:30 PM to coordinate placement and approval of the electric services. The following information is needed when placing the service order with Blachly-Lane:
- Name, phone number, mailing address.
- Service address and Tax Lot #.
- Permit Number.
- Panel size, voltage, single or three phase.
- Overhead or underground service lines.
- Square footage of completed structure.
- Structure type and use.
- Heat & air conditioning source, type, and KW load.
- Hot water heater source.
- Electrician's name and phone number.
3. Blachly-Lane's representative will meet you on the site for placement of electric service. Blachly-Lane will provide a quote for the cost of electrical service. When installation costs are paid, construction will be scheduled. Your service request may require an easement for new facilities. As a convenience, Blachly-Lane provides the necessary form as well as a notary public service.
4. For information on energy efficiency programs, contact our office at 688-8711. We offer financing programs, contractor listings, and rebates.
5. After performing your portion of the electrical work, you will notify both the State Electrical Inspector (503-378-4133) and the County Inspector (541-682-3823) to obtain the final electrical inspection.
6. Once your service has received the final inspection approval (Green Tag on meter base), you will notify Blachly-Lane for service installation and/or hook-up.
If not previously completed as part of Step Three, the customer responsible for the monthly billing will contact Blachly-Lane, 90680 Hwy 99, 688-8711, between 8:00 am and 4:30 PM to initiate a request for a service account. The request includes completion of an electric service agreement, a $5 membership fee, a $25 service setup fee, and a satisfactory letter of credit from the previous electric utility or a deposit.