In 1934, one of the first people's utility districts in Oregon was formed, Lake Creek Public Utility District. But before the state and federal governments acted on the application, the Rural Electrification Act was passed and members of the Lake Creek PUD voted to go with the Rural Electrification Administration (REA).
On April 28, 1937, Articles of Incorporation were filed in Salem and Blachly-Lane County Cooperative Electric Association came into existence. Blachly-Lane became the first REA-financed cooperative to operate in Oregon.
Our Mission: Blachly-Lane provides safe, reliable electric services for our consumer-members.